Original locations and business ownerships of some of the wagons were:
- West of Fort Pierre Hwys 14-34 at 1806 Junction, Sutley’s Grocery Store, DeWayne Strohfus
- East of Pierre Hwy 14, Chuckwagon Cafe
- South of Fort Pierre Hwy 83, near the Stanley County line, Fort Pierre Times
- Other wagons were located just south of Fort Pierre on Hwy 83; west of Fort Pierre along Hwy 14-34 on the hill; and east of Pierre Hwys 14-34 and 1804 Junction.
(Picture taken in 1980 by John Margolies, Library of Congress)